It seems I'm incapable to keep a journal. I mean, I update it every two months or even longer! D:
Let's try to update you – o probably and understandably uninterested reader – on my life:
- I went to Barocci's Exhibition. Twice. It was that good. For the first time in my life I've seen an exhibition with lots of preparatory sketches for the final work right beside it, and that was incredible; it gave an insight in the painter's process that I've rarely seen, for the old masters I mean <3 Some of the rough sketches in oil and pastel, like the heads of Saint Joseph or John, are my new painting model! <:
- I've also had the chance to go to the exhibition of Manet's portraits. I love Manet, but I didn't enjoy the exhibition at all: there were too many people (like, I had to skip some paintings because there wasn't enough space for your giant snail), and they put ropes around almost every piece. That's something I really hate, because I like to see the brushstrokes, you know, and unfortunately I don't have any kind of superpower improving my eyesight... D:
Maybe, but only maybe, I'll have the chance to go to another Manet's exhibition in Venice with my dad, but it's not sure yet…
- I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, meaning H O L I D A Y S ! I'm so, so, so happy! <3 I'll go to Venice for a couple of days in July, for the celebration of the Redentore, meaning fireworks, alcohol, and friends (and sun, hopefully), and then I'll go home in August for two weeks. I plan to go to Florence to visit a friend – and the sleep, eat, draw, sleep again - I can't wait for it! <:
- Someone going to MCM Comic Con in London this week end? I'll probably be there with some friends, it has been ages since my last con… ><
- I've finally managed to find Leonardo's cartone and La Vergine delle Rocce at the National Gallery. You have to understand that the National Gallery doesn't make any sense, the rooms numeration has probably been decided by a throwing dice monkey high on sugar – and if you ever happen to spot a dejected snail sulking on a sofa in the most uninteresting room of the museum, well… you can be quite sure it's me.
Anyway, the cartone especially is AMAZING! <3 La Vergine is lovely as well, but probably because I had the chance to see it years ago in Milan, it didn't struck me like the first time… <;
I'm planning to set up a tent in front of the Cartone, and bask in its beauty X3
- I want to go to a Zen Circus' gig. Or Appino's. Which seems impossible at the moment, and that's why I listen obsessively to their songs (and that's so strange, because, you know me, I don't easily obsess over stuff… C; )
- I need some sun.
And this will probably be all for the next two months… OTZ